BUSINESS VOICE - TEAMS
MICROSOFT 365 BUSINESS VOICE
Microsoft 365 Business Voice is a modern cloud-based telephony solution in Microsoft Teams. Together they deliver an all-in-one communication solution bringing together calling, chat, and meetings into a single application.
Did working from home go perfectly, with no hiccups, for you and your employees? Are you upset about how your current setup prepared you for sudden transitions to working remotely?
Problems your phone has directly affects the bottom line, whether from loss of productivity, customer service, or poor call quality.
WHY IS MICROSOFT 365 BUSINESS VOICE RIGHT FOR YOUR TEAM?
Use a handset, headset, your mobile phone, or your computer.
Calling, chat, and meetings in a single application (Teams)
Call From Anywhere
Dial-in audio conferencing for up to 250 people per meeting that can be accessed anywhere from any device (even non-Microsoft users).
Options to port your current number or set up a new one.
Solution is hosted and delivered by Microsoft's trusted cloud.
Full features of cloud-based phone system including call transfer, multi-level auto attendants, and call queues. Easy to add and remove users instantly.
Simplified setup, billing, and management.
24/7 customer support backed by Microsoft.
How Is A Primitive Phone System Hurting Your Business?
As your business has become more dependent on the ability to work remotely, the impact of a bad phone system is more critical today than ever before.
- Callers have difficulty reaching employees who are out of the office
- Complications when changing your users in the system for new hires or when an employee leaves
- Inflexible call forwarding or scheduling out of office recordings which keep you from getting calls you shouldn’t be getting
- Overpaying for an out-of-date phone system – paying for the lines, the phone vendor, hardware replacement, etc.
- Business has outgrown the capability of the current phone system
- Loss of potential sales/productivity if employees aren’t answering business calls right away
- Cloud-based phone system still works if the office’s power goes down
- Employees are too reliant on cell phones for personal use